This is the documentation page for the stable version 1.1 of the DAZ importer. Documentation about the old version 1.0 is found here.
The DAZ importer is a tool for importing files for DAZ Studio (DAZ User File *.duf, DAZ System File *.dsf) into Blender. It also contains some tools to make the assets more animation friendly.
Links to download pagesRepository: https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import-daz
Development version as a zip file: https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import-daz/downloads/
Stable version 1.1 release candidate: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4aoh578u6ss2hz/import-daz-v1.1-20170222.zip
- Save the zip file somewhere on your computer.
- In Blender, go to File > User Preferences > Add-ons
- Press Install From File... and select the zip file.
- Enable the DAZ importer.
Documentation / Tutorials:
- Installing the Blender add-on.
- Export from DAZ Studio
- Import into Blender
- Setup character after import
- Solving some import problems.
- Advanced Setup Panel.
- Posing Panel.